Natural Resources / Environmental Management
MJA has considerable experience and technical expertise in natural resource and environmental management providing analysis and advice to the public and private sector across a number of issues including:
- surface and groundwater management (volumetric management and water quality);
- biodiversity and reserves management;
- management of public land;
- sustainable agriculture and sustainable development;
- research and program prioritisation and funding; and
- community-based natural resource management.
Services offered to assist decision-makers in natural resource and environmental management include:
- economic and social impact assessments;
- cost benefit and cost effective analysis;
- technical valuations, including non-market environmental valuation;
- strategic planning and advice for the government and corporate sectors;
- institutional arrangement and regulatory review and design;
- project and program advice, review and assessment;
- design and review of market-based instruments including environmental offsets, tenders/auctions and tradable entitlements.
MJA’s consultants in natural resource and environmental management have a significant track record in research, strategy and policy design and delivery. This expertise has been recognised nationally. MJA also has considerable experience in risk management and the economics of climate change.
For more information relating to environmental management, please contact:
Dr Jeremy Cheesman in our Melbourne office: +61 3 9882 1600