We are very pleased to announce that Simo Tervonen has joined Marsden Jacob Associates’ Sydney office. Possessing a rare level of nationwide expertise in all facets of water markets, policy and trade protocols, Simo is widely recognised by market participants, governments and water authorities as a leading expert in Australian water markets and water trading rules. He joins us after more than four years at Waterfind Australia, where he most recently led the trade, policy and water market operations team.
Simo has longstanding and trusted networks across industry participants, governments and relevant water authorities. He has unrivalled expertise in:
- The application of water trading rules across Australia
- Sourcing and analysing water market information
- Developing water market research and reports for industry participants, governments and water authorities
- Developing and executing market trading strategies for private clients
- Conducting monthly, quarterly and annual water market reporting, asset valuation and analysis for large corporate client water portfolios
- Completing commercial due diligence assessments, and assessments of regulatory risks and opportunities
- Developing new water market products, including forward markets and leases
- Supporting the development of water legislation, policy and procedures to mature emerging markets
- Maintaining and developing water market trading platforms.
Australian water market consists of multiple levels of legislation governed by a large number of regulators. Market information is scattered and trading rules often hard to interpret. To make the best informed decisions, you need the best independent advice, backed by deep expertise and real practical experience that can only be gained from direct experience in markets.
With Simo’s appointment, Marsden Jacob Associates strengthens our position as Australia’s leading water market advisory practice offering end-to-end in-house service across market policy and design, water portfolio optimisation, market trading strategies, market reporting, valuation and analysis, commercial due diligence, developing new water market products, and application of water trading rules across Australia.
If you really want to understand what’s happening in water markets, give us a call.