We are very pleased to announce that Rasmus Moerch has joined Marsden Jacob’s Perth practice. Rasmus brings 20 years of experience in economic analysis including designing, implementing and refining regulatory, economic, and structural policy across the electricity, gas, water and agriculture sectors.
He joins us from the Economic Regulation Authority in Western Australia, where he was most recently an Assistant Director, Licensing. Prior to the Economic Regulation Authority, Rasmus held economics and policy roles at the Western Australian Office of Energy, Department of Industry and Resources, Department of Treasury and Finance and the Department of Agriculture. He holds a Masters Degree in Economics from the University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Rasmus brings to our team and clients leading experience and practice in the economic principles, design and implementation of:
- Licence frameworks for the electricity, gas and water sectors including design and implementation of licensing frameworks, assessment of licence applications and management of financial and technical assessments.
- Third party access arrangements for electricity and gas infrastructure, including review of terms and conditions, and pricing of access.
- Review, design and implementation of pricing regimes particularly for the water, gas and electricity sectors including building block models and tariff variation mechanisms.
- Regulatory, industry and institutional reform with focus on the national energy reform process and the electricity and gas access legislation, and liaison and consultation with industry participants.
- Economic analysis including economic research, cost benefit analysis, policy advice with regard to climate change, sustainability and major resource projects; foreign investment reviews; State Budgeting including forecasts of economic aggregates.
- Structural policy including microeconomic and financial analysis of competition policy, and government business enterprises, incentive regulation and industry assistance.
We are looking forward to Rasmus’ capacity, industry networks and experience benefitting our practice and clients. With Rasmus joining we also continue to fortuitously expand our firm’s Nordic language skill base, which now includes Danish, Finnish and Swedish. A Copenhagen office may be a logical next step.
Rasmus can be contacted in our Perth office (08) 9324 1785 and at email@example.com