Marsden Jacob has a proven track record of success in delivering high-quality economic consultancy services on issues faced by clients in the agriculture and earth resources (including minerals and extractives) sectors.
Our economists not only have many years of professional experience, a number of them have come from the agricultural and earth resources sectors. This means their understanding of the realities of doing business in these markets is real and their knowledge of the regulatory and compliance issues that apply is detailed.
Though this understanding we deliver:
- Policy development – including strategic policy reviews, preparation of regulatory impacts statements, development of strategies to improve productivity and performance, policy design and evaluation, governance design and evaluation, institutional design and regulatory reform, design of property rights and best practice regulation.
- Economic analysis – including benefit cost assessments, economic impact assessments, value for money, research, development and extension evaluation, performance reporting
- Business case feasibility assessment – including investment option design and assessment, development of business cases and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Applied research – including marginal cost, elasticity analysis, market behaviour, survey and non-market valuation.
- Financial and advisory – advice on infrastructure design and greenfield developments, expert witness in legal claims, design and construct detailed financial and cost models.