Through explicit analysis, Marsden Jacob provides decision-makers in public policy with the information they need when considering the introduction of new policy or making changes to existing policies. We also assist businesses, industry peak bodies and non-government organisations to develop submissions for policy processes, underpinned by strong logic and evidence.
Our team has deep knowledge and broad experience. Our process is thorough and begins by us understanding both the policy or legislation, and the purpose for the review. We then investigate and analyse the key drivers of the issue and develop possible responses, with details of their impacts, for our client’s consideration.
Our key capabilities when it comes to public policy include:
- analysis of policy proposals
- business case assessment
- feasibility studies
- cost benefit analysis
- regulatory pricing and analysis
- advice on competition issues, particularly regarding access prices
- regulatory and legislative reviews
- market analysis
- strategic planning and policy advice, review and assessment
- pricing and funding reviews
- advice on industry institutional arrangements.