Spanning two decades, Kate’s research and public policy career has focused on social justice, inclusion and impact. Kate has held senior research, strategy and leadership roles across government and research organisations, including the Western Australian Government, Telethon Kids Institute and the University of Western Australia.
Kate has always pursued positions and projects through which she could make a meaningful, positive difference. Her work has informed policy and program design and reform across a range of complex social policy areas, including positive aging and elder abuse, gender equity, racism and exclusion, cultural competency, and social determinants of health and wellbeing.
Contact Kate to talk about policy and strategy development, policy and strategy evaluation, social policy and social impact.
As project manager, oversaw the design, development and delivery of the Start Stronger, Live Longer Aboriginal Health Worker resource.
As the project lead, oversaw the design, development and deliver of the Western Australian Government’s Carers Strategy
As project lead, oversaw the design and development of the Western Australian Government’s Strategy to Respond to the Abuse of Older People (Elder Abuse) 2019 – 2029
As project lead, oversaw the design, development and delivery of the Department of Communities Partnership Framework
Authored and published Islam and the Securitisation of Population Policies: States and Sustainability in the Muslim World (2008)
- Generating, analysing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data, synthesising this into clear and accurate advice.
- Developing persuasive strategic advice to influence and effect evidence-based changes to policy, programs, and legislation, across a range of complex and sensitive matters.
- Applying highly adept abstract thinking to identify causal and correlative relationships between systemic change and outcomes across multiple components of the system.
- Producing accurate, evidence-based written reports, briefings and communications of an exceptional standard and in plain English.
- Developing and sustaining cooperative relationships with key stakeholders across sectors to negotiate and deliver outcomes.
- Reviewing, rescuing and delivering priority projects at risk of failure.
- Developing successful State Budget funding submissions.
Kate holds a PhD in Political Science and International Relations from the University of Western Australia.